- Add support for
UkUnincorporatedLandlordcompanies. This includes a new Properties endpoint and a new
propertyattribute for Bank Transaction Explanations, Bills, Credit Notes, Expenses, Invoices and Journal Sets.
- Add support for zero to multiple bill items for bills on the production FreeAgent API.
- Add support for zero to multiple bill items for bills, only on the FreeAgent Sandbox. Read announcement.
- Add endpoints for reading, updating and deleting default additional text for invoices and estimates.
- Remove bill item fields (e.g.
total_value, sales tax) from the default Bills endpoint response.
- Add new
nested_bill_itemsparameter to include the
bill_itemsdetails in Bills endpoint responses.
- Require the
bill_itemsnested attribute when creating or updating via the Bills endpoint.
- Obsolete: the
FreeAgent-Features: bill_itemsheader is no longer needed on the Bills endpoint as the new schema is default.
- Add read-only Payroll Profiles endpoint.
- Allow retrieval of capital asset history, including capital allowance calculations. See Capital Assets for details.
- Add Credit Note Reconciliations endpoints
- Allow creation of journal entries in capital asset categories that require a sub-code (601-607). This can be done by adding a URL to the relevant capital asset type to your request. See Journal Entry Attributes documentation for more details.
- Add new sub_accounts parameter to the Categories endpoint.
- Add Credit Note endpoints
- Add endpoint for company Business Categories
- Add read-only payroll profile to users
- Updated documentation around EC VAT MOSS
- Add endpoint for Construction Industry Scheme bands
- Add the following CIS attributes to invoices:
payment_methodsflags to invoices
direct_debitresource to invoices (create only)
updated_sincefilter to following endpoints:
statusattribute to bank accounts
4 May: Additional filters for bank transactions
marked_for_reviewviews to bank transactions list
- Add latest statement upload filter for bank transactions
overdueview filters for invoices
- Add support for reading RTI payroll data
- Add support for viewing, starting and stopping running timers on timeslips
- Allow timeslips to be filtered by state (all/unbilled/running)
28 Sep: Changes to Users endpoint
- Brings the API behaviour in line with the FreeAgent web application
- It is no longer possible to set a password for a newly created user
- It is no longer possible to change a password for an existing user
- Invitations can be sent to users allowing them to choose their own password
22 Sep: Expenses link to rebilled invoice
- If an expense has been rebilled on an invoice, a link to that invoice now appears when requesting expense details.
20 Sep: NIN / UTR
- Add National Insurance Number and Unique Tax Reference attributes to users
19 Sep: Price List Item support
- We now support listing of single and all Price List Items
31 Mar: Email Addresses
- Clients can now fetch a list of verified email addresses available for sending invoices
28 Mar: Sales Tax Period support
- Support for listing, creating, and updating sales tax periods for US and Universal companies
1st Jul: Journal Sets resource added
journal_setsendpoint and documentation added
stock_itemsendpoint and documentation added
24 Jun: Ordering Support
- Sorting options for listing of invoices and contacts added
3 Feb: API v1 No Longer Supported
- API v1 documentation removed
30th Jan: Trial Balance API
- Retrieve Trial Balance data via our API
17th Jan: Documentation Updates
- Correction made to the sending invoice emails JSON example.
20th Nov: Sales Tax Documentation Updates
- Sales tax documentation improved.
commentsfields added to the Estimate and Invoice documentation.
2nd Nov: Documentation Updates
- Documentation examples corrected to show
urlfield instead of
- Maximum attachment size updated.
- Sales tax documentation for expenses improved.